Tips for buying from imitation jewelry artifical jewelry wholesalers
People love jewelry, made by gold, diamond, pearl, gemstone…it’s shiny, spark, make you confident and elegant, while all these materials are expensive, so, good quality imitation will be your good choose, jewelry is now kind of a daily necessities for people from a lot countries, like US, European, Middle and South America and some Asian countries…
Want start your imitation jewelry business?
Interested in imitation jewelry, but don’t have many knowledges about it?
Want to have your own brand online store?
Confused by wholesale and import process?
Where to find reliable suppliers?
Don’t know where to start and what to avoid?
Check information below from us, Fanstyle Jewelry China, the tips for buying from imitation jewelry wholesalers, including materials, designs, cost, package, import, shipping way, suppliers, promotion…
1) What is imitation jewelry?
Imitation jewelry are accessories that are made using a variety of artificial materials. It is also called ‘fashion jewelry’, perhaps because this is the jewelry type that allows people to experiment with different styles and trends in the most cost-effective way.
The expensive raw materials used to make ‘real’ jewelry raises the cost of the same and this means that such pieces cannot be purchased at the start of every new season without burning a hole in the pocket. With imitation jewelry, experimentation with a wide variety of designs and styles is possible. This is what makes it a desirable fashion item in any wardrobe.
A common misconception is that artificial jewelry is not as beautiful, classy or elegant as the ‘real’ version. In fact, with the emergence of new technologies, methods and techniques as well as high quality substitute materials, imitation jewelry is now at par with classic styles in terms of beauty and appeal.
Moreover, the same glamorous effect of precious metals and jewels like gold, diamonds, emeralds, pearls etc. can be achieved without a huge expenditure of money. These artificial pieces are designed to imitate expensive styles, with similarly elaborate designs and intricate settings. The tremendous varieties available means you can purchase the latest trends for the upcoming season without worrying about the cost.
Check out below article, you will have a better understanding
2) What kind of materials normally we use for imitation jewelry
– Metal materials: iron, zinc alloy, tin alloy, brass, stainless steel, Titanium steel, Silver 925
– Stones, normally these stones are not expensive, like or apply some treatment on normally stone let it looks like those gemstones.
– Rhinestone, very common stone used on imitation jewelry.
– Cubic zirconia, looks much shiny than rhinestone, price also much higher.
– Glass, glass stone, glass beads…
– Plastic, plastic beads, can be made into a lot of colors.
– Fabric textile
3) How imitation jewelry looks like
– Necklaces set
– Bangles and Bracelets
– Tiara and Crown
– Hair accessories
– Body chain
4) How to make your own design? What is OEM
OEM is simply means you ask factory make products according to your sample, or your designs, not buy from supplier’s current styles.
Be very honest, most of our customers don’t have design capability, their design is just learn from others, like those big brand, do some changes…I have worked with a lot of brands, even those big brands, they will buy samples from outside, and do some changes or just ask us make it same. So below are several ways for your own style design.
– If you are good at drawing, you can design it by yourself, or hire someone to make the design, but be honest, this are costy.
– You find some designs you like, then just buy it and send it to us, we will make it exactly same with it, or for some designs, just send us some photos, we can make it almost same.
– You make changes on samples, like make the stones bigger, make the color from gold to rhodium, remove some components…
– Cost of each design are depends on if your design is complicit, like each components we will need to make a mold, and each will cost about $20, if your design with 5 different shape components, then we will have to make 5 molds to make it. By the way, some components like beads, lock, we don’t need to make mold, some already have mold, some buy from others.
– One more thing very important is, do not put any brand or designs from those big brands like LV, Dior, Cartier…like if you put the H elements like HERMES on your jewelry design then you will get problem.
6) Eco Friendly and Testing;
We will always have testing standard for jewelry, each markets or customers with different request, like Walmart have their own testing standard, testing including Lead content, Cadmium content, Nickel content, Nickel release, Phthalates.
– Testing standard, most of customers from US and European, only need fulfill first 3 tests, lead free, cadmium free, nickel free. Some markets like Africa, Asian, Middle-east with lower testing standard, some even no such request.
– Testing labs, there are lot of testing labs here in China, like CTT, RTS, ITS, SGS…these are international labs, even Wal-Mart trust the result from these labs, also there are some small labs here, which with lower testing charge.
7) Customized package;
There are several kinds of customized packages you can choose.
– Customized boxes, which with your brand and logo directly print on it;
Normally need about 3000 pcs to order, about $0.3 each.
– Customized packing bag, with your brand logo directly print on it;
About 3000 pcs to order, but cost is much lower than boxes, about $0.02 each.
– Make a sticker, which with your brand logo on it;
We can just buy boxes without any logo, which can buy in small qty, then we make the sticker, and put the sticker on the box.
– Price sticker if you need.
8) Pricing strategy, Cost;
You may also confuse about how to pricing, what will be your appropriate profit, check with some local store, see what is the price they sell, then compare with your cost. when you check your cost, you will need to consider below subjects:
– Development cost, like design, mold…
– Products cost, normally factory will send you EXW or FOB cost;
– Shipping cost, ship via sea, via air or via express, cost are different;
– The import tax, each country with different policy, for some small value order, even don’t need;
– Your promotion cost.
9) Where to find the suitable suppliers;
Nowadays there are many ways you can find a good supplier for your business.
– Just google it, you will find a lot of supplier there;
– Use some B2B platform, like Alibaba, Made-in-China, Go4worldbusiness…you can find a lot suppliers from these platform.
– Source on those social media network, like YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Reddit , lot of suppliers also have account on these networks.
Any way, if you need an OEM supplier for your fashion jewelry, party jewelry, silver jewelry…you are welcomed to check with us Fanstyle Jewelry China, this is one of purposes why I wrote this article.
Also just to remind you that, you will always find a cheaper price supplier, a better quality products, do not expect your supplier with cheapest price, best quality, best service… otherwise you will feel struggle in your business, and this will drive your supplier crazy, most important is find the one who you are happy to work with, feel reliable, not the best but suitable.
Below is another article I wrote before, as some customers may confused about if they need a directly factory or trading company as supplier, check our below link, you will have a better understanding.
– Direct factory or trading company, guide for your online business supplier sourcing.
10) Why same design from different suppliers with big price different?
You will probably check with several jewelry factories to compare the price, supplier from China, India, Thailand…and you will be confused why same design with big price different, here are some factors which will affect the price:
– Materials, some designs looks same, but with different materials used, like zinc alloy or brass metal base, looks same but cost different;
– How is the finishing, is the polish on surface good enough, looks shiny and smooth? You can not trust photos, as nowadays, easy to take a very nice photo, so better you get a sample to check quality first if you got very low price from supplier.
– What is the plating, is the genuine gold or imitation gold, genuine rhodium or imitation rhodium? rhodium plating cost increase a lot since last year, some customers asked us use Platinum to instead, which will make cost lower;
– The thickness of plating layer, which will make the cost with big different.
– If the products applied with anti-tarnish protection, this is also the cost to factory. It looks same when you check the photos or sample for both anti-tarnish protection applied or not applied, but for gold color, if you don’t do the protection, the color will be tarnished in several days. Below article from us is about anti-tarnish protection, you can check it if needed.
Anti-Tarnish protection and testing on Imitation/ fashion jewelry
11) What is the shipping way?
– Via sea, big customers and big orders, some customers may send via sea, use container, but it request big qty, normally if your order more than 300kg on weight, we suggest you send via sea, shipping cost is cheapest, but take longest time on the way;
– Via air, normally for shipping weight over 100kg due 300kg, our customers will send via air, only take several days to arrival;
– Via express, if your order qty is small, like below 100kg, we suggest you send via courier, like FedEx, DHL, UPS…also will take several days to arrival but it’s door to door service, but the shipping cost is highest compare with above 2 ways;
You will also need to know that, you need to handle the import docs if ship via air and via sea, and if you send via express, courier will help you a lot on the import process. And, when we ship via sea and via air, there will some handling fee will be charged by your forwarder…
– Door to door including import and tax service, this is another service we can provide to our customers, shipping cost is not that high as courier, and can help customers who not clear about customs clearance to handling everything.
12) Tips on import;
Register for a business tax number. You will need this to import, if you are loath to handle customs matters yourself, consider hiring an experienced customs broker for your first import. Make sure invoices are clear and complete so your goods can be cleared by customs quicker. You can also check with your local Dept. for all details, and it’s necessary you know the import before you place the order to supplier.
13) Order process;
For those big brands, make an order is complicit, take long time and a lot of procedures, which are below:
– Arrange the down payment;
– Make pre-production sample, normally we call PP sample;
– After pp sample approved, production will be proceed.
– Some of customers also need a sample send to testing lab;
– After production finished, send a production sample to customer;
– Customers approval the production sample, then arrange the balance payment;
– After balance received, we will make delivery.
These is most complicit order procedures, most of customers don’t work that this, only for those big brands like Wal-Mart… as all these are cost, take time and money. Most of customers only send a photo or samples, ask us make it same, then arrange the payment make the delivery…that’s it !
14) Additional resources;
Below are some other information and knowledge you may interested.
– Gold filled or gold plated, what does it mean?
– The Benefits of Live Shopping.
– WeChat, messaging and social media app commonly used with Chinese suppliers;
– Production model of Yiwu Jewelry manufactures
– 10 Things Need to Know Before You Start Wedding & Bridal Jewelry Business
– Bridal jewelry party jewelry set design
– Tips for buying from S925 silver jewelry wholesalers
– Tips for buying from Pageant Prom Party Jewelry wholesalers
– Tips for buying from rhinestone jewelry OEM wholesalers
OK, these are all we want to share with you for your imitation jewelry and artifical jewelry business, hope this can help you, and if you are interested working with us, please don’t hesitate to contact us by below
Whatsapp/Wechat: +86 18857996328